Sunday, August 19, 2018

foxcatcher movie

I saw the other DVD movie on loan from the library this morning, 'foxcatcher'. this was more compelling than the other one, as it inspired me to read more about the DuPont family. I was largely unfamiliar with the story that the movie was about. although I do recall watching some of the 1988 Olympic games on TV, held in Seoul. I recognized one of the wrestlers in it being from my school, the university of iowa. I can see why it became a movie, as it had some storylines that audiences normally watch.this includes a sibling rivalry, the Olympic games, and a philanthropist heir. this is what I was thinking even before the movie arrived at the shocking ending, a murder. I found out this murder happened in early 1996, a number of years after the Olympic action that was depicted. but I am also used to the disclaimer saying 'some scenes and characters were invented for dramatic effect'.
   I picked up two more DVD movies this afternoon, while I was returning these two. I made it just before closing time. in the evening I watched two 'simpsons' episodes, first time in a while. it was about ned flanders becoming a teacher, and the family visiting Denmark. I had seen both before. and of course there was the typical doing the dishes, recycle, and trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment