Saturday, August 25, 2018

mail order wife movie

i returned both DVDs to the library and got two more. I watched one of them already, this evening. it was 'mail order wife'. it started out looking like a documentary but when there were outtakes and seeing an excerpt from a review saying 'satire' I knew not to take it too seriously. it was about a new Yorker getting a mail order bride from Burma, and this movie was released in 2004, I know this nation has a different name now. and then it becomes a love triangle. at one point it moves to Miami, and baseball player jose Canseco appears as himself. I will admit that I hadn't seen anything like it before.
   the big news of the day was the death of senator john McCain of Arizona. it has been a fairly big news week, with iowa student mollie tibbetts being found dead. I saw some people post about McCain and hopefully people are going to be respectful. but I still reserve the right to de-friend people if need be. I cut three people from my friend list this weekend, as I realized that I just hadn't heard from them that much lately. even with the cuts I have been doing, I still have more friends on that site than my college roommate, the one working in japan. he sent me the invite to join. but I also know it is a 'necessary evil' to do social media when one is a performer. I have still cut more than a hundred people in the past two and a half years.
    I also cut back on comedy-related facebook pages, from five to three. I looked at the number of members- and how many friends were on those pages- and those with the smallest number were cut. I added a few pages, related to doing a search on emerson hough. we all know mr. hough was why I started this blog. one of those added was the museum in my hometown. I noticed the article in the alumni magazine wasn't entirely accurate, but it was also from 2004 and there has been more websites such as IMDB since then. it proves that the number of movies inspired by his books is more than four. I have the posters to prove it, having six.
   I made it to the karaoke venue tonight, as usual. it was a thinner crowd than typical, explaining why I got three songs in. I did 'long time gone' by dixie chicks, 'don't let me get me' by pink, and 'hey there delilah' by plain white t's. I like doing the stop for a small grocery order at cub foods after I am done, on my way home. at first it was just for two TV dinners, something I can't find at aldi, but now I am getting a can of spaghetti there as well, instead of at a dollar store.


No comments:

Post a Comment