Friday, August 10, 2018

off duty usher

I went back to fringe tonight for its second weekend. I did two volunteer shifts, first as an usher than a 'sidekick', where I was near the stairwell and mostly let people know their show was on the upper level. or where the bathroom is, lower level. simple work, that is what I like about the fringe festival. then later on it was taking care of the card tables, but when I was asked to clear the cards of shows that have completed their run I couldn't find that many, only two shows. we have two more days of fringe after today, so no surprise how most shows have at least one performance left. but I still took it seriously, and a little surprising how I found a few cards from a show from 2 years ago. then when I was done it was off to have the evening meal, and since bobby and steve's is nearby I like going there. I had a cheeseburger, apple juice, and crackers. already had some pizza from there this week. I passed by a performer I recognized on the way there, and said I wanted to eat before her show. it was the one show I saw tonight, a collection of seven sketches. hers was a recurring mime sketch, in six parts. it was more fun to watch when it kept returning. but at first I was asking 'that's all.?' then after I got home on the light rail I went to sing karaoke. I did 'fade into you' by mazzy star. there are two more shows that I want to see at fringe, and I plan on seeing them on Saturday. I decided to put on a long sleeve shirt to cover up my fringe volunteer shirt during the show I attended as I didn't want anyone asking me questions. I was an off-duty usher and just wanted to enjoy the show.
    also notable about the day was the job interview. it was a small office. I am told I will hear more in about two weeks. not sure how I feel about yet another hoop to jump through, after the application and survey. now there is a quiz, about things like what medicare and Medicaid is. the phone interview with another company is now scheduled for Monday afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment