Thursday, August 2, 2018

not on soundcloud, instagram

I did some karaoke tonight and after the second song I had to meet the dude that kept calling my name. he claims he follows me on three different sites, except I am not on two of them: soundcloud, and Instagram. I had to say right away how it was not possible. the two songs were 'American Saturday night' by brad paisley, and 'Friday i'm in love' by the cure. I saw the bouncer in the parking lot as I was leaving, tending to a woman in a wheelchair. some mention of somebody needing to give $20 back.
   I went to a job fair just before midday, and it is hard to say if it yielded anything good. one agency there said try email instead of voicemail if they are not responding. I know I prefer email when somebody contacts me but for whatever reason I have been doing more of the voicemail with the job search. I also went to another back-to-work meeting but I probably still spent too much time ranting, and at one point apologized for running off at the mouth. I am still frustrated by the job searching process. and it took me too long to get to any positive news, such as landing a phone interview next week. I think it is because I have learned not to get my hopes up. he wants a call after the interview, but I will not say 'how it went' since it is not up to me at all. in the end the only thing that matters is whether or not I make it past a phone interview.
   there is still plenty of evidence of how hard it is to find things to do while out of work. I went to turn in change at the bank, even though I did that just over a week ago. then there was going through a box of paid bills and trying to thin it out some more. most common way I do so is by putting as many as possible into one envelope. I am used to there being five each month: two credit cards, internet service, cell phone, and the utility. one reason this was done was recalling seeing car registrations from previous years and wanting to get them in a file with other important documents such as my car title and voter registration forms. as usual, I made some nice finds. this includes flyers from glockenspiel, a german restaurant in st. paul that is now closed. so I can get those into a photo album with other postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment