Thursday, August 9, 2018

another company is interested

i had another 'back-to-work' appointment this afternoon and spoke of landing an interview for Friday. when I checked emails in the evening I found out another company is interested. I had just applied there the previous day, aside from the one sent through indeed a week ago. so it looks better on the job front than it was, more likely to get an offer soon. the second company asked about availability for a phone interview, I am available for some times on Friday but all of Monday is open. I told them I prefer as early as possible though, but it still means working around the interview I already have. I was thinking of the ushering shifts for fringe festival, starting in the late afternoon on Friday. I got the job descriptions printed at the library, as well as the directions to the office, at midday as I wanted them for the meeting. I was given more leads to pursue. this was a meeting with a different tone than before, because there was more substance to it. and of course an improved attitude on my part as I am hearing more positive things on the job front.
  I performed some karaoke tonight, 'salvation' by the cranberries, and 'all apologies' by nirvana. I heard some of their songs on the way to the venue. I saw some sheet cake, or what was left of it, at a table near the stage, but I didn't ask them what they were celebrating. one never knows what they might see when out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment