Saturday, August 11, 2018

karaoke at fringe central

I went to fringe central tonight, a supper club in northeast Minneapolis, as I wanted to sing some karaoke. I did one song, 'back on the chain gang' by the pretenders. I recall a few lyrics being referred to in a fringe show I attended on Friday. and I really like the song, I had sang it before but it had been a while, over a year as I recall. and my path keeps crossing with another volunteer, I finally got a conversation with her when she arrived at my table to talk to somebody I had ushered with. I found out she has a podcast, and I asked her to write it down for me as it was kind of loud there. I said I have been on podcasts before and would enjoy being on one again. I attended two more shows in the early evening, getting an early start as I knew that shuttle buses would replace light rail for part of the ride. I arrived more than 30 minutes early, and I liked both shows I saw. the first was 'revolt of the beavers', it had been part of the federal theater project during the great depression and I had wanted to see one of those plays as I had studied that era extensively as a history major. I am thankful I walked right over to the second venue as there was just three tokens left after me, and it was considered to be a sellout even though I saw a few empty seats once the show started. this was 'justice league of their own', the media attention might have helped as the Friday Minneapolis paper had a photo and review of it as part of their story about the second weekend of fringe. I liked sitting next to whopper and his acting colleagues during this show.
   after seeing two shows I didn't go back home right away. I wanted to eat so I did that at bobby and steve's again, then saw some people I knew outside of a bar I have performed at. one has a joke about being mayor, the other I did a fringe show with. they spoke about seeing a few fringe shows, as well as others they still want to see. eventually I made it back to the shuttle bus, but it was easier to find near the Vikings stadium. and once we transferred to the light rail, I saw some trash that I decided to throw out at my stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment