Friday, August 17, 2018

I like starburst

I had two more interviews today. when leaving the second one I said 'i like starburst' as there was some starburst candies at the front desk. so I decided to have some. this interviewer said it would be a 3-week wait to hear the results though. and I didn't like having to jump through more hoops for them, such as completing an application before the interview began. or how I had to call just to get into security and get registered as a visitor since it was an unmanned security desk. none of this was mentioned in the email inviting me to the interview. I have a better feeling about the first one, even though some information was left out of this invite as well. I was given the name of who to interview with, and then I am told I do not meet with this man first. so I had two separate interviews. first was in a conference room with two ladies, then with a man in his office. I said I liked the fun facts for the day by the front desk as it was about how the capital city of new York got its name. the job searching drama didn't end there. in the middle of the day I saw an email saying 'my manager needs to talk to you before we submit you for a job'. I was told when I was available for calls, and then never was called. I was told they left voicemail, so they might have called the wrong number.
   I also performed at the karaoke venue tonight. I did three songs, as when I was about to leave I was told my turn in the rotation was up soon. I did 'ava adore' by smashing pumpkins, 'come out and play' by the offspring, and 'uninvited' by alanis morissette. the button's friend was there and asked if I was in a relationship, I said no. then I was asked if I took meds for depression. weird. she did a pat benatar song about child abuse. she also seemed to be acting a little clumsy, so I don't know if she had too much to drink or was just tired. another regular was there and said I couldn't leave as there was a 5-song minimum. he was out in the parking lot talking to somebody else at the time. then he tried to say this to those who had just arrived, and I said 'he doesn't work here, he is just having fun with you'. he has said some off-the-wall things before, so I know well enough to take what he has to say with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment