Saturday, August 4, 2018

taking the footbridge

I did my four shifts of volunteering at the Minnesota fringe festival this afternoon. during the breaks I did my best to stay busy. I was at the u. of m. venue, rarig, and said 'let's take the footbridge' which was just outside of it as I hadn't before. I sang to myself the theme song from the TV show 'one day at a time' as one of the lines is 'while you're here, enjoy the view'. and I enjoyed the view there. I even walked to another venue to check out their selection of show cards. as usual, there was plenty of souvenirs to be had. there was even tickets to drop stating your age, and how long you've been a part of the fringe festival. light rail was a good game plan on getting there. I like my line 'all right people, we are ready to admit' when I am given the go-ahead from the house manager and techie. it was two shifts in the basement venue, and two on the upper, or third, level.
   but I was also busy this morning, as I went to little Canada for the Canadian days pancake breakfast. I noticed how the bagpipe band did not play 'Scotland the brave' this time but I can find it on youtube. I saw the car show after that. I got photos of two 1929 model cars, a dodge and a nash. after I got back from fringe I had dinner, as it was evening by then. I turned on the TV and got it over to fox, no baseball on but I liked the boxing matches. I saw another 'majority decision' where one judge ruledit a draw but was overruled. I think one of the fighters I had seen at the armory in Minneapolis in april, the teenager named joey spencer. then after the 10pm news was done I sang some karaoke, two songs. it was 'runaway train' by soul asylum, and 'everything you want' by vertical horizon. it was a rare time that I saw them close up shop, as the final song was the one after my second song. the karaoke jockey made me smile as usual, although I didn't tell her. it was her shirt, which said 'i don't look for trouble, but it finds me'. I didn't feel like grocery shopping after I got back from fringe, so I am moving it back a day, when I have more stamina.

No comments:

Post a Comment