Monday, August 13, 2018

joke joint is back

saw an email this morning saying the joke joint is back. it closed at the end of april and was looking for a new home. looks like it will be inside a bar in downtown st. paul. there was plenty of upcoming performers announced. no mention of an open-mic though, but it might be hard to schedule with the kind of partnership that they have with this venue. all I see was two nights a week for shows, down from three at the previous venue in lilydale. now it means at some point telling a comedy friend about it, the one I call 'the milwaukeean', as he had asked me about this club earlier this year on twitter.
   I performed at an open-mic tonight, after filing some more applications on indeed. I also had a phone interview in the afternoon. there is still plenty of job searching activity, but it is hard to tell on how well it is going. already got a rejection message from Friday's interview, when I did a follow-up email saying I enjoyed being able to present my skills and abilities to them.
    when I went out into the bar area to go over my material before going onstage, I had somebody ask me if I was part of their crew. he offered to buy me a beer, and I said I like beer. so we still spoke for a while until he said 'i will be right back' and I noticed that he went outside to talk to others for a while. didn't seem him much after that. I talked a lot about performing during our conversation. I went to another venue first, but found out there was no open-mic on that night. I still stayed for a few minutes as I found a few people I knew, including perkins, and school bouncer.


No comments:

Post a Comment