Thursday, August 30, 2018

pretty village, pretty flame movie

this morning was another DVD movie, 'pretty village pretty flame', about the war in the former Yugoslavia in the 1990s. what caught my eye when sifting through the titles was seeing a confederate flag on it. this was a story about longtime friends that became enemies during the Bosnian war in 1992. they co-owned a car repair shop. there is also back-story that goes back to the time of comrade tito, in 1980. and there is an American journalist that is part of the story. much of the movie takes place in a tunnel, where a siege is happening. as a stage performer, it meant something to me when one of them spoke of being a heroin addict before the war began. then he tells jokes on the walkie-talkie to the opposing army. I know that some performers are drug addicts.
   I spent time at Walgreen doing a photo order, except it wasn't done right, and it was delayed. not sure what to do now. in the evening I went to sing at the karaoke bar. I did 'guitars and cadillacs' by Dwight yoakam, and 'i will buy you a new life' by everclear.

No comments:

Post a Comment