Friday, September 21, 2018

best days, lissie

during the past week I heard a song on my car radio that has really stuck with me. found out it was 'best days' by lissie. it was on 89.3, the current, if I am not mistaken, which plays indie music. it speaks to me in terms of what I have said about my own life. 'i want more best days'. what hooked me was 'the best days of my life are coming for me'. I keep saying I am hopeful that the best is yet to come, and since I started performing I know I have said I have had some good years. the video reminds me of some others I have seen, especially 'scars to your beautiful' by Alessia cara, and 'wonder' by natalie merchant. since both of those have more than just the main performer in it. I guess this is called 'artistic vision' on wanting ordinary people to help demonstrate it. I read the musician's Wikipedia page and it said her stage name is a variation on her real name, Elisabeth. she is originally from the quad cities- rock island, Illinois- and now lives on a farm in northeast iowa. so she is a Midwesterner like me. I also like the mention of moving in the song. it reminds me of what I have said before about favorite TV shows of mine- as the premise often was somebody having to move where the opportunity is. such as 'perfect strangers', 'mary tyler moore', 'alice', and so many others.
  I got more done with the cleanup, two more bagfuls were sent to the recycle bin. then I went to get the paper, a weekly ritual for me. I also called the agency to confirm that everything is in order for my orientation on Monday. then I noticed after I called that they had called me first, this morning, before I had even woke up. In the evening I went to another high school football game, south st. paul beat henry sibley 27-21. SSP led 21-7 at the half, and won the takeaway margin 3-1. I was in line for food when the first TD was scored, but I didn't want to wait until halftime for food and drink. SSP also recovered the kickoff after this TD and it led to their second. sibley tied it with just over 3 minutes left, but SSP answered shortly thereafter. I shared it on facebook and neck tattoo responded with a clip from the movie 'waterboy' that said 'foosball is the devil'. I laughed a little.
   after the game I went to sing at a karaoke bar, and did 'tainted love' by soft cell. it seemed to be a real crowd pleaser, even had some people say after I was done how I did well. I was in another room for a while as it was kind of loud and crowded, just not as much as last week. also easier to watch some of the twins baseball game, though they lost on a walk-off HR to the A's.

No comments:

Post a Comment