Monday, September 24, 2018

security violation

it was the first day at work, orientation, actually we were sent home after a half day. I had a little trouble at first figuring out the ID badge and when going through the revolving door, I got stuck. then I heard something say 'security violation'. but I was not alone. others did the same thing later on. we got our ID photos done, and shortly after that we were dismissed and we will be on duty again Monday of next week. I already met a few people, while waiting for directives, one of them went to the university of iowa like I did. it was nice hearing people share their stories. there was somebody from my agency to greet me at the security desk, much like I was told to expect. I was given a 'goodie bag' which included a business card for the agency as well as a lanyard. I was in a rush to be on time, or actually 15 minutes early, that I left my lunch at home. but it became a moot point due to the early release. sounds like there was another employee expected to arrive from the same agency as me, but I asked the rep after I got home but they did not show up apparently. odd. I was one of about 20, and it was a reminder of various agencies I had contacted, registered with, or both.
   I performed tonight, and I started off with the 'good news-bad news'. and I closed with saying it was in memory of mosmi. I know full well I am still struggling with it, because she is a friend. but my set went fine, flowed well, no problem finding subjects to talk about. at another venue I heard from some about various opportunities at stage time. this is the nice thing about so many people gathered there: even of one doesn't perform there much, one still might walk away with stage time at another time and place. bathtub comic spoke about his mom seeing my set at his show last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment