Tuesday, September 4, 2018

raising arizona movie

I watched another DVD movie today, 'raising arizona'. I had heard about it for a while, figured it was time to see it. the back of the video said it was a 'screwball comedy' but I think a better term to describe it would be a 'farce'. since it was a ridiculous and unlikely storyline. kidnapping a baby from a rich family. I know, it already sounds like I didn't like it. I guess there were a few things about it that I didn't like. but I know movies aren't meant to be taken too seriously. of course I liked seeing john goodman in it, as a prison escapee that was friends with the Nicolas cage character. I know I had seen other movies produced by the coen brothers, such as 'oh brother where art thou'. this was a weird movie, I will say that much.
   I considered going to the renaissance festival today as I know I have been there on labor day before. it is best to go while it still competes with the state fair for attendance, so the crowds are thinner. but I decided not to as it is hard to justify the cost of the ticket while unemployed. and it would be hard for me to show my face to the people I know there and have them ask how I am doing since I got laid off. so it is no big deal to skip this year. I have to be mindful of priorities. I went to get a paper shredder, as mine needs to be replaced, no longer performs the shredding function. I went to target first, wanting to support the home team, but I left because the lines were too long at the check-out lanes. I used my favorite yogi berra quote- 'nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded' as I was leaving. so I got it at Walmart. I knew the shred pile was kind of high, so it was time.
   in the evening I still went out to perform, doing karaoke. I did three songs, and it looked like the k.j. closed up shop right after I did the third one. I did 'welcome to the black parade' by my chemical romance, 'little talks' by of monsters and men, and 'same old song and dance' by aerosmith. sounds like the venue was sold recently, and there may be some changes to their schedule. so it is hard to say if I will continue going to this venue if they change their karaoke night. but I also know that I belong to a facebook group which has plenty of karaoke listings so I can replace it, more than likely, if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment