Saturday, September 15, 2018

st. sahag armenian festival

i attended two festivals today, the lid-lifter was at an Armenian church called st. sahag in st. paul. I learned plenty while there, and had some tea as well as a 'honey cake'. the second was Oktoberfest at the former Schmidt brewery, also in st. paul. I had a bratwurst there and listened to some music by a man in a police officer uniform. I now look forward to attending Oktoberfest in new ulm next month.
   I got plenty done today. I went to the library to print some things, then bought a few items at the rainbow foods grocery store in Maplewood. I saw an article in the Minneapolis paper saying it was to close on Monday, the last of the rainbow named stores in Minnesota. I had consumed most of it before getting home, except for one of the two chocolate candies. it had melted since it was a warm day, so into the freezer it went and then it ate it later in the day. between festivals I went to the aldi grocery store for my weekly order. then after the second festival I went to get some ice cream at a mcdonald's. there now are order kiosks, but I wanted to pay cash so I waited for somebody to take my order. this happened even after I was advised to order from the kiosks, I said I didn't want to use my card. after the 10pm news I went to sing karaoke. I did 2 songs. it was 'plush' by stone temple pi,ots, and 'help' by the beatles. the latter was inspired by hearing a cover of it on the bluegrass radio program this morning, I often listen to it Saturday morning. laundry does as well, and he spoke about it on facebook and I said I listen to it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment