Sunday, September 9, 2018

too many bees

i went to the jesse james festival in northfield this afternoon. I have been there every year-except one-since 2007. hard to ignore how the bees seemed to be everywhere the food and drink was. reminded me of being at the iowa state fair one year when I was young and I didn't want to go have root beer as it was attracting the bees. most evident of it was seeing a can of A and W root beer today being swarmed by bees. but also the trash bins. I arrived around 12noon, and this was just in time for the final bank robbery re-enactment of the day, 30 minutes later. then I had some ice cream, as well as a pork hot dog and some bottled water. I wanted a dollar left over so I could get two postcards at the souvenir shop for the town's museum. I was careful about what postcards to get, since I had been there before, but confident I didn't have those two.
   I was kind of leisurely on getting back home after the festival. I stopped at a gas station close to the interstate to see if there was any DVDs I was interested in, but I didn't buy any this time. in another room was a TV, and the Vikings football game was on. I was listening to some of the game on the radio, all I saw here was the 49ers kicking a field goal. it proved to the final score of the game as the Vikings won 24-16. it was just after 2pm by then, and I prefer to 'get out of dodge' around the time of the long parade, which starts at 2pm. I had seen what I had wanted to see so it was time to go. then I stopped again in Lakeville. I decided to clean the windows on my car, and then went to the cracker barrel to look around. a little girl was afraid of a broom that moved around. there was plenty of Halloween items for sale there, much like many other stores I have seen lately such as Walgreen. but I also didn't buy anything there. I have told myself to cut back on spending while I am unemployed.        when I got home I turned on the TV and watched some more football, or at least tried to. I fell asleep in my easy chair watching the chiefs-chargers game. in the evening I found out 'the simpsons' wouldn't be on right after a football wrap-up show, delayed 30 minutes to give a preview of a new sitcom. so I decided to make it count, went through email and answered surveys during that time. I hadn't seen that episode, it was about marge running for mayor. after it I had more things to do. I read through some recent editions of the paper, while listening to the bears-packers game on the radio. it was the first time I had used this radio in my home in a while, as I had to plug it in first. bears led at the half but lost 24-23. then it was time to do the dishes, near the end of the game, as I didn't want to do them during the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment