Sunday, September 2, 2018

serpico movie

I watched another DVD movie this morning, 'serpico'. I recall seeing a poster for it inside a restaurant at the st. louis airport, a place I visit annually. al pacino did well in the title role, I liked his passion in various scenes. one thing I noticed in the background of a scene was a billboard for salem cigarettes, of course this is something that one no longer sees. I also recognized yankee stadium in another scene, also in the background. there was a disclaimer at the end saying that Serpico resigned from the police force in 1972 and moved to Switzerland. I checked the Wikipedia page and it sounds like he has moved back to America. I recognized some other actors in it but not many, one of those being john Randolph. judd Hirsch was in it as well, but I don't think he had a speaking part in it and IMDB said he is 'uncredited' as a cop. I liked seeing the special features of course, and it spoke about the book that inspired the movie but not a lot.
    I made it to the library just before closing, returned two movies and got two more. I also printed two articles, one of them was about those who have been 'in state' at the capitol in Washington, DC. when checking the list more closely, I noticed that most of them, if holding political office, had died in office. I haven't seen anyone lying 'in state' at a capitol, but I know it was mentioned how sen. Hubert Humphrey was at both the Minnesota and national capitol buildings. I attended the unveiling of a statue honoring him at the capitol in 2012. the other one was about the plans to honor the 1988 newton football team at a game this season. they had reached the state finals.
   this evening I watched 'the simpsons'. it was two episodes, I had seen at least one of them. I saw the one about principal skinner visiting ohio state. the other was about Maggie being good at whistling. come to think of it, I probably had seen both. since marge designs a brothel for fat tony in the same one about Maggie and whistling. still enjoyed them though. I did the dishes and recycle, and got a few more postcards into photo albums after recent e-bay orders. it meant moving an item from the pan-am games in Toronto in 2015 to the hand-size album about stamps. and sheets of stamps I haven't used, from charlie brown Christmas and WPA posters, were moved to another album, a larger one.  I was able to do more after getting some tape at target after going to the library, I had just run out. I may have to get another album soon though, as there still are 10 more postcards that need a home. six of them were from the state fair, and the other four were an e-bay order, all four of those are of the band smashing pumpkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment