Sunday, September 23, 2018

ziegfeld follies movie

I watched another DVD on loan from the library this afternoon, 'Ziegfeld follies'. some scenes worked for me better than others. ones like 'number, please', about phones, as well as 'pay the two dollars' and a winning lottery ticket. the song and dance numbers, not so much. I recognized some of the actors from it, such as judy garland. also Lucille ball and William Frawley, both were on 'i love lucy'. also watched the special features. it included trailers from all three Ziegfeld movies.
    I saw a posting about the memorial for mosmi, it is Tuesday. even though I have enough airline miles to make it a free trip, I think it would be just too hard to get there on short notice. especially when it would be on American airlines and it means a layover in Chicago, not a direct flight. also since I would really only know the deceased there. I did meet some of her friends when I visited her in the hospital four years ago, when she was having surgery. and her parents as well.
   when I returned the movie to the library I also went to a target store and got another toothbrush. I said I should get more than just one item, so I saw some Halloween cereal, captain crunch, so I got a box of it. I also called my dad in the evening, as usual a long call, I think that was the first time we had spoken since my uncle's funeral in june. I guess I am a little more giddy now about going back to work since it will be on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment