Tuesday, September 25, 2018

liquor store moved

i was driving past the soccer stadium in st. paul that is still under construction and noticed the liquor store had moved. its previous location was demolished, and now it is in the former perkins restaurant. I got plenty of pictures of what the shopping area looks like now. the bank on the corner has also been demolished, but the sign is there, saying 'please support these businesses during the construction'.
   mosmi's memorial was this afternoon, I did not attend. I changed my schedule a little due to it. I let the button know about 'good news-bad news' and the response was 'come see me on tuesday' and I did some karaoke. it was three songs, helped that people I knew were there. I did 'taking care of business' by bachman turner overdrive, 'breathe' by anna nalick, and 'whole lotta shaking' by elvis Presley. university accountant was there and said I should sing some elvis, although she left before I sang that one. I also showed the button what I wrote in the wake of my friend's passing. she liked it, and it left me wondering where I could submit some of my writings as I am inspired every so often to write. this explains why I did anna nalick tonight, as there is that line about 'get it all down on paper'. I liked it when she asked me if I had any requests and eventually she did Rihanna's 'umbrella'. I like to emote to that one. I said it helped to talk to a friend tonight so I am thankful it was offered. I did cover the 'good news' part as well, since I have now done the orientation. previously I hadn't covered any specifics, just that I was going back to work. but I think I will like working in the mortgage business, and have done loan processing before.
  also notable was an episode on a rerun channel, 'antenna TV' or 'me TV'. it was the one from WKRP about the who concert tragedy in Cincinnati in 1979. I had watched it before on youtube, after finding out there was such an episode. I was looking for the history on US Bank Arena and found out it was then known as riverfront coliseum, and this tragedy happened at that venue. somehow it made sense that there was such an episode, as the TV show is about a radio station that plays rock music in that city.

No comments:

Post a Comment