Thursday, September 20, 2018

sorting of papers

I went further on my cleanup today, part of it was sorting newspapers. I found there were plenty of editions of 'the onion', the satirical paper, in there. still not sure what to do with them, so at this point put them next to the magazines. also found some editions of 'vita-mn', an alternative paper once published by the Minneapolis star tribune. it ceased to exist after the star tribune bought another alternative publication, known as 'city pages'. I have some city pages editions as well, also sorted. I am sure the pile will go down even further, but no doubt I want to keep the city pages from 2014 about the concerts at midway stadium, written as the venue was about to close. the stacks are larger than they were, but it is down to three. I sent a decent amount to the recycle bin. I was motivated to stay inside for most of the day as it was raining for much of the day. I went out to go get some ice cream at dairy queen as well, using my 2-for-1 blizzard coupon that was expiring soon. there were some editions of the st. paul paper, the pioneer press, but mostly it is the Minneapolis paper. also some from the st. louis paper, the post-dispatch, as I go there annually. looks like it goes back to the spring of 2011, as I saw mention of the passing of harmon Killebrew, the twins baseball player. I just didn't feel like doing this for a while, for various reasons. first, I was in a relationship then. later on, I started performing more often. and, just as important, it is just not much fun to do. but I am hopeful to get plenty done with it, and hopefully I can keep the momentum going for a while. I am used to how I eventually run out of steam and want to do something else.
   in the evening I went to the karaoke venue and sang two songs. it was 'titanium' by david Guetta and sia, as well as 'humans being' by van halen. the one known as Chicago Anthony was there, and I saw him add a lot of sugar to his drink. as usual, he was trying to have fun with many people, including me.

No comments:

Post a Comment