Thursday, September 13, 2018

shakopee job fair

I was headed to the job fair in Shakopee when I heard the phone ring in my car. I was nearly there and decided it could wait. so I went inside the job fair and checked the voicemail when I was done. I was still in my car in the parking lot. I found out it was an offer from an agency. I said it was the best offer I had in a while, so I accept. I sign the papers with the agency on Friday afternoon. I was a little stunned as I had been job searching for a while and there was plenty of frustration along the way. but I think I will be more excited when I am back at work for real, which is over a week from now. there were some emails sent later in the day, documents I could sign with an electronic signature.
   I tried to watch a DVD this afternoon but I fell asleep more than once so I will have to try again on Friday. I finished watching the special features though, aided by being much shorter. in the evening I went to the karaoke bar and did 3 songs. I was planning on doing only two, but the bill murray fan spotted me when I was playing a bar game in the back so we spoke for a while. I did 'start me up' by the rolling stones, 'tonight tonight' by smashing pumpkins, and 'under the bridge' by red hot chili peppers. I saw the button's two friends there, and one of them did a norah jones song I had heard him do before.
    I slept for a little while overnight, then I couldn't get back to sleep after that so I decided 'i am up' and found that, after a few tries, the server error was gone so I could go online. not sure why I had trouble sleeping, other than I was thinking too much about the job fair from the previous day, as it had some disappointing results. and I was wondering when I would see a decent opportunity. there was plenty of waiting on the one where I just got an offer, about a month after the in-person meeting with the agency. we all know waiting is hard to do, especially with job searching as all too often it becomes a fruitless search. and it is hard to have to keep starting over, even though one has no choice in the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment