Wednesday, September 26, 2018

coloring book release party

I went to a coloring book release party tonight at a micro-brewery in Minneapolis. I was invited by brawler, and I went because it sounded like he would be really disappointed if I didn't attend. I was thrilled to walk away with some stage time, as I replaced a comic that didn't arrive. I bought a copy of the coloring book as well, and he signed it. so another comedy souvenir I am thrilled to have. I also shared the stage with yemen native. the MC I think I will call 'clean closet' as she shared on facebook recently about cleaning out closets, she was proud of it. and in some ways it may have inspired me to do the same thing. she was recently added to the 'ring of honor' as I enjoy hearing her laugh, I know the voice well. yemen native said he was unaware that I wrote a blog, and that he has been written about there. I knew I did when he was on public radio in December, especially since I got a spam comment from somebody in Arabic. after it I went to my typical open-mic for the night, and it was nice to see airway there as it was the first time in a while. I guess he has been performing in uptown Minneapolis. I liked sharing how I will be back at work soon, already am if one counts the orientation this week. I did similar sets at these two shows. at the second, a crowd member wanted to hear an impression so I did some. one was somebody doing an impression of me.
   my job coach continues to ask for more information about the new job. it reminds me too much of being in the 'trio programs' in high school and college, checking up on me a lot. I said I think I know what to do now that I am back at work- learn what I can, and do my job. I sent more newspapers to the recycle bin, back on it after a few days off. I guess this was due to mourning the loss of my friend mosmi. I still have a few more days to knock it down even further before going back to work. but there are a few things I want to do this weekend, such as see a movie. and try to get a writing submitted for a contest, the deadline is the end of the month. and I am trying to figure out the logistics for Halloween season as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment