Saturday, September 22, 2018

mosmi malhotra

I am stunned to find out that, according to facebook, a good friend of mine has died. she is mosmi Malhotra, and lives in the st. louis area. we became friends when she lived in the twin cities, but she left the nation for a while. then when I heard from her again she spoke of moving back to st. louis where she has family, and getting divorced. I would do my best to see her when I was in town for my annual visit for baseball games, and this year this was in may. we had pancakes before she went to open her shop. I sent her a postcard about a week ago and said I hoped to see her visit the twin cities sometime soon. I asked 'what happened?' but it sounds like it is still undetermined. during one of my annual visits, four years ago, I visited her in the hospital, she was having surgery.
  I did do some other things today. I checked my post office box, no surprise it was empty as I hadn't ordered anything lately. I also did a dry run to see how well I could find my workplace as I am going back to work on Monday, orientation day. it is less than 10 miles away, which I like. I did more with going through newspapers as well, two more trips to the recycle bin. I even looked at them while watching a football game this evening, as iowa was playing Wisconsin on fox. iowa lost 28-17, it was tied 7-7 at the half. after the game I went to the karaoke bar, and sang 'shameless' by garth brooks. although it said it was written by billy joel, and I know that musician as well. I saw the muppet lady there, her husband spoke of how he had just lost his job. I also let the button know about my good news- bad news. going back to work, but also the passing of a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment