Thursday, September 6, 2018

hormel rice and chicken

I didn't feel like opening up a can of soup at lunchtime so I went to the dollar store and got Hormel rice and chicken for two dollars. I went to a convenience store first, but no surprise how the sandwiches were more than that. what I chose tasted good and doesn't take long to heat up in the microwave oven. I had some of those kinds of meals before.
   I watched another DVD movie on loan from the library, 'touchback', a football movie starring kurt Russell. after watching it I had a feeling I had seen it before as a redbox rental, and I had. I checked my previous blog entries and I had seen it in 2013. but of course this time I noticed some things that I hadn't before, such as melanie Lynskey playing the main character's love interest. she was in 'up in the air', one of my favorite movies. although she plays a clumsy teenager in this one. and as I recall, redbox rentals usually don't have the special features available. and it was nice to see one about the making of the movie. I checked the closing credits to see if I recognized some more names but the only one seemed to be barry sanders, the pro football star, playing a coach.
   I applied to some more jobs online this afternoon, some were leads from my job coach this week. but one of them was from an email sent by career builder, and I found another on indeed as well. but it was conformed for me how I had already applied for a job with that insurance company, over six months ago. this time I uploaded the resume that makes no mention of being a performance artist.
   in the evening I sent a letter to the editor about a recent article honoring a football team in my hometown. I heard from the AD as well about it, who said 'hope all is well' and 'go cards'.  I also made it to the karaoke bar and did 3 songs. I did 'Louisiana Saturday night' by mel McDaniel, 'because the night' by 10,000 maniacs, and 'shut up and drive' by rihanna. I also was watching the season-opening pro football game on TV, falcons vs. eagles, it went down to the wire, eagles won 18-12. there was a man next to the bar that I had a conversation with between song one and two. he spoke of having a traumatic brain injury and how he has epilepsy due to it. he also spoke of once playing the tenor saxophone in high school, although he claims he can't sing. as the saying goes, everybody has a story to tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment