Thursday, September 13, 2018

white flag, bishop briggs

i went to two job fairs today. when I was driving to the first one I had the radio on as usual. there was a catchy song I heard just before I arrived. it took a little searching, but I found out it was 'white flag' by bishop briggs. I know why I liked it, at one point she sounded a lot like lana del rey. notable lyrics were 'rather die than give up the fight'. it is hard to tell at times where the video takes place, based on the camera angles used. it at first looks like she is singing inside a big garage or farm building, but at the end it is tighter camera angles and we see prison bars. she is tall and thin, and is wearing a blue jumpsuit. when I listened to it again on youtube I also liked another lyric: 'the hell on earth you put me through'. I think this one helps as it reminds me of 'alive' by sia. I guess I just wanted to find it bad enough, as I went online to the radio station and found a list of songs played in a 2-hour period. I wrote down 27 songs, and I eliminated the ones I knew weren't it. and it helped that there were album covers and I knew it was a lady singer.
   it is hard to say if there will be any kind of yield from these two job fairs. I had a cookie as I was leaving the first one. but sadly, all of the jobs either paid less than what I made as a test scorer, or happened to be call center work, which I don't want to do. he second one was with an agency I hadn't been to since January. they asked me to do two more online tests. I asked to meet with a recruiter, but they told me there was nothing available in my interests. so back to 'square one'.
    after I got back from it, eventually I went to the bank and turned in some more change. it was just under two dollars, still looking for ways to fill in time. usually I just do that about every two months. in the evening I went to perform. there weren't many people at this open-mic, as I arrived the 'acronym guy' said I might be the only one. near the end of the night the show runner asked me to get him a jack and coke, and another beer for me, and to put it on his tab. the bartender said it would be a jim and coke, I said I don't get mixed drinks much so I wouldn't notice the difference if I was the one drinking it. also in the evening I decided to watch something besides the 'alice' reruns, since I had already seen the episode. so I tried watching what was on a movie channel, except it was a terrorist movie where somebody hijacks a plane in the middle east. although it looks like chuck Norris was in the movie, so my guess is that eventually he and his military comrades save the day. I don't know what movie it was, since I don't know his movies that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment