Thursday, May 21, 2020

another movie box

I worked on the receipts box some more today, far enough to empty it and re-use it as another movie box. this time it is for DVDs. so there is a wooden cabinet and 2 boxes of DVDs. the first box was full of buttons at one point, when I bought them at an auction many years ago. the lid is still full of receipts though, but many of them were ripped up and thrown in the trash. some were moved into a bag with other things I am saving for further sorting. Monday is a holiday so I will have an extra day to work on it. notable finds were vacation items. such as a pocket brochure about wine tastings in northern California, Sonoma to be specific. this was part of my san Francisco visit in 2004. another was about filming at a Schaumburg flyers baseball game, of course part of my time living in suburban Chicago. since they were just thrown into a box there is a wide variety of years seen.
  I did another virtual open-mic tonight after watching 'young sheldon', and I was the only performer besides the moderator. the 'big bang theory' reruns I saw were Sheldon's discovery was by accident, and raj working at the planetarium. test scoring flowed well, and there was another qualifying set. I did fine, 90 percent. I knew well enough to pay attention, so I only have to take it once. once test scoring was done I did a long walk and picked up 11 cents. I am trying harder to cut back on the amount of time spent on checking email by pressing 'unsubscribe' on emails that don't interest me. I guess this is another part of the cleanup in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment