Saturday, May 16, 2020

odor eliminating candle

I got another look at what was in a bag from twin cities live, and noticed an 'odor eliminating candle' was in there. since I am big on trying things out that I am finding during cleanup, I got out a lighter and lit it. although I burned my thumb a little because of the wick being inside the can. bot sure if there was an odor at all, but it was the first time in a while that I had a candle. it was lit for a couple of hours in the evening, then I blew it out and moved it because it was on the kitchen counter and that is where I do the paper shredding. I filled four buckets today, and the volume went down quite a bit. I added some things to it today, but went through today's volume quickly. it was from the box of writings, down to just one file folder not yet sorted. most of what was put in the shred box, after comparing of course, was rough drafts of poems or copies of them. if it is typed up then I just need one copy in the file. I think most of them were sent to a writing contest, or for a poetry slam. I also unearthed three envelopes from a writing contest, entered it annually but not since 2011.
   I had four stops on my list for errand running, and pleased how I got it all done. I sent more items to a recycling center, two weeks worth. I deposited a federal check at the bank, had to do it at the drive up since the lobby is closed. I think I had done this when I was in high school, as a novelty. I didn't want my car idling, not knowing how long it would take, so I shut it off. I drove to those two, and the other two were reached on foot. this included going to the post office, where three items were picked up including a DVD from amazon. the loopy postal employee was there and asked me to look at a zip code for Miami on a card, but it was hard to read, could only make out the last 2 digits. I said I often find zip codes on google. the fourth was the grocery store, in the evening. the bill was low, but I also didn't buy milk since I bought a full gallon last week when there were no half gallon jugs there. during the walks I did today I picked u 6 cents. I nearly finished sorting the folder which had writings in it. but I knew it would take a while because I care a lot about what I have written and needed the comparison time. in some cases it meant taking the time to 'transfer' it to another page so I could junk a page. and it also meant stapling some pages together, once I determined it was the same writing. when there are numbers at the top of the page, that is a good indicator. I am running low in bags to use for the shredded paper, so it may mean that I make more available. I know I can free up even more space when I get started on the magazines and newsprint. but it is also a case of finding out where those recycling centers are. it is still raining, and has been since early evening. I got just a little wet when I went out for groceries. it was not a big deal when I dress for the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment