Tuesday, May 5, 2020

chip clips and lighters

this was day 2 of test scoring, but still mostly the moderator lecturing. so when working from home I decided to keep up the cleanup. and I found more chip clips, I have four. except I don't use them much. I am used to getting single-serve bags. some were given to me, like at a former job. one was not, as it was from the laura Ingalls wilder museum in walnut grove. so I probably bought that one. I found out I had two lighters as well. I checked both and there is fluid left in both. another item that I don't use much. still finding napkins as well, I know I wrote about this earlier. I think that most of them I am finding I had planned on keeping them as souvenirs of places I traveled to. but they were meant to be used! in the evening I ran the shredder, and two more bags were filled. a few things were added to the shred box today, sometimes just taking off a page here and there such as a Wikipedia article where there was little or nothing on the last page. and I am doing better at grouping things, such as finding more event tickets and getting them into a Ziploc sandwich bag. I have two of those for this purpose. and a third was created for the movie tickets, except those can be harder to read. when I found lines from the movie 'Good will hunting' printed twice, I lucked out and found both movie tickets when seeing it at the theater. and now both pages, and tickets, are in a sheet protector in a binder. two different scenes of lines from the movie- at the construction site, and with skylar when he says he doesn't love her. I keep getting ideas and I want to act on them and have the time to do so. I am also proud of finally re-purposing an item I had just un-earthed recently. it was a small can of pringles chips, a souvenir from visiting great Britain in 2012. it now holds binder clips. I have more of these in play now, due to going through boxes. there was also two articles about the band smashing pumpkins from 1996. I taped up the torn parts of one article and both are now in a sheet protector as well. one was from an award show, another was a review of a concert about a month later. not the one I attended, saw them in moline and it was a review of the ames show.
   there still wasn't much in terms of real work done today, but we did get to the training papers. I was pleased that I scored 9 out of 10 correctly. once the work day was done I did a long walk and found 6 cents. late in the evening I was able to redeem some survey points for airline miles. it was the first time in over 2 months. there was some system problem that didn't allow it on my own computer, so I went to a public one and it worked there. pleased that I tried again, as one never knows when the problem might be fixed. although I have no plans for flying anytime soon. I like seeing baseball games in the summer, but the season is on hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment