Sunday, May 17, 2020

ask dad about benefits

while doing cleanup around my home today I looked at a box for the first time in a while that was in a closet. the envelope I pulled out said 'ask dad about these benefits'. an insurance sales rep had contacted me since I was a member of the national writers union at the time. this is a union under the UAW umbrella, my dad's union, so this is why I said I should contact him. I did not sign up for the policy, as I likely had all of these benefits through my office job. I think he was going to be in town soon, likely why I said I should ask him. I met the agent at mcdonald's, and it was when I lived at a different place so at least 10 years ago. still surprises me at times as to what I decided to keep. I ran the shredder and this was one of the things put in it, at least the contents of the envelop but not the envelope itself. I filled four buckets, but it rained a lot today so I went out only once to take out the trash. I am still pleased with what I am getting done, even if it is just going through the box about writing more closely and pulling out more items. I got started on the ones about dating, and got the number of envelopes down from four to two. I heard from university accountant, who had sent a message through facebook, and said I was fine. she spoke of doing a long-overdue cleanup project around her home, same as me. and something about the feeling that it is never done. I might get the same feeling but I still feel good about finding things again.

No comments:

Post a Comment