Sunday, May 24, 2020

music recyclery

it continues to be rewarding to do cleanup around my home, with the finds I am making. notable is business cards. I have one here from the music recyclery, a place I would go when living in suburban Chicago to find used music CDs. the card lists a dozen locations in the metro area. I went to the one in mt. prospect at randhurst mall, now a 'dead mall'. I also found some of my own business cards, giving myself the title of 'writer' although I no longer use them because I no longer live at the location given on it. the cards I had made later on give no address, which is how it should be.
   it helped to work on the old receipts steadily, as I got the lid down to just half-full by the time I wanted to do my long walk in the late afternoon. I found 19 cents on the walk. since the trash can was getting full, will all of the ripped-up receipts in it, I decided that after getting back from the walk that I needed to do the sort of the plastic bag where some items were moved to that was a 'hodgepodge'. so it meant more movie tickets, event tickets, and plane tickets were filed away where they belonged. one envelope acquired from a recent e-bay order now holds some of my writings, but not the journaling from 2007-2008. those writings got their own bag because there were so many of them. it is a reminder of how typing is better, as I am not sure how well I can read my own handwriting on some of those entries. I wrote on various note pads, some had an Olympic theme, and I even wrote on shopping list pages from cub foods. they talk about the 'need to perform', but there is also 'the need to write'! I keep proving this one.
     I also found a few blank pages that were filed in the notebook caddy. I am still finding some napkins as well, and those are being moved to my lunch bag. I spilled out what was in the bag into another box lid, and a decent amount was sorted before it was time for the 10pm news. I like taking the time to watch the news, and it was time to do the dishes as well. so I am hopeful to get both lids completely sorted on Monday, memorial day. some of what was moved to the bag still got tossed, and that is fine with me. I am trying to toss as much as I can. not many receipts are being kept. most are at least 10 years old so they no longer serve much of a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment