Wednesday, May 20, 2020

receipts box and bag

I was pleased that I finished the boxes that were labeled 'online articles' by getting the ones about dating down to one big envelope. when I emptied that box and decided to put VHS movies in it, I moved on to another box- labeled 'receipts'. except I noticed how some of them weren't. some of my writings were in there, especially journaling. I worked in the box for a while tonight, but it is a daunting task. guess I just have keep chipping away at it. some receipts have been ripped up and tossed in the trash. when I checked the time I saw it was nearly 10pm, time for the news. then I switched to trying to fish out what weren't receipts during the news. about half of the remaining contents of the box are now in the lid, and I told myself  'do not dump it back in'. I did not use the shredder tonight because I wanted to get as far as I could with the box. I would like to think that the bag will be easier, where I don't need to pre-sort. oldest receipt I have found so far was from sears in des moines, iowa, from 1992, for a flannel shirt. sounds about right, as the band nirvana was popular then with their song 'smells like teen spirit'. I am seeing plenty of receipts from suburban Chicago, and I moved to Minnesota in early 2004. so I probably haven't worked on this for a while. if it is a plane ticket, movie ticket, or business card, then I am fishing that out, same as the writings. I even saw a dryer sheet in there, not sure why I kept that. some are too faded to tell how old it is, or where it is from.
  test scoring flowed well today, first day where I decided to do an extra hour. 30 minutes in the morning and 30 in the afternoon. we did training for another prompt. I did a long walk after the day of scoring was done and found 13 cents. the 'big bang theory' reruns I saw tonight was about Amy working at the same university as Sheldon, followed by one about bit-coin that went back 7 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment