Saturday, May 30, 2020

blue mailboxes removed

when I was out and about I noticed that a truck had showed up to remove the blue mailbox on the corner. I don't use it much because it gets picked up once a day. so I usually go to the actual post office to drop off mail. it is proof of how crazy it is getting out there. the caribou coffee shop nearby was also boarded up, it was a holdout on the previous day. I did a walk to the post office, and picked up 2 e-bay orders. I picked up 9 cents as well. I wanted to get masks at a Walmart but when I get there I noticed it is closed. it was odd that people in their cars wanted to ask me about it. well it seems obvious to me that it is closed when one sees the entrance blocked off. one of them sounded like he was making a joke about it but I said I wasn't laughing. I had no knowledge of when and why it was closed, and then he swore at me. some people are weird. I eventually found what I was looking for at an office depot, and was signed up for their loyalty program even though I don't shop there much. I had been getting sheet protectors for baseball cards, largely because target no longer sold them.
  the aldi grocery store closed early, I am thankful I got in line when I did. although I am thankful that I usually don't wait in line, due to getting there 30 minutes before closing. it was a smaller order than typical, because I am trying to use up what I already have. still plenty of cans of soup to be used.
  late in the evening I watched more coverage on TV of the riots in the twin cities. looks like the national guard deployment led to much better enforcement of the curfew. some were wondering what happened to a reporter, who normally covers sports, who had to leave a scene when somebody covered his camera. he later said it was somebody who had too much to drink. but after a while, one needs to stop watching the news because it can be too depressing at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment