Sunday, May 3, 2020

saints stadium art

I deployed more of the sheet protectors today, all about st. paul saints items. one of them was about art at the stadium, this was at their former venue, midway stadium. nice seeing a full-color page showing their art, including of their snoopy statue.
    I made it even farther on the cleanup project around my home. I found an envelope for each item. I still need to take another look at boxes labeled 'writing' as well as 'work' but I have seen all that is in the three that said 'online articles'. so this feels good. many more articles were put in the shred box today, although nothing was shredded. I spent more time reading articles than before, as I was making another pass through some envelopes. such as the one marked 'baseball', needing to make some more assessments about what to keep. and in the end, I didn't keep that many about baseball in d.c. mostly just the article about the expos moving there, and the one about the senators winning the world series in 1924. at first this was a separate envelope from the other baseball articles- be it major or minor league, or college. I would like to think the volume was cut in half in this section. I also looked at the ones marked 'iowa'. started with five, now there is four. baseball, hawkeyes, history, and the university. I combined the two that were 'university'. it was some tough decisions, but in the long run it is worth it when I hadn't looked at most of it in a while. but it was all just thrown into a box, so now it is sorted way better than it was.
   I did a long  walk around the neighborhood in the late afternoon, and picked up 36 cents. it was my only time outside all day as I wanted to do as much cleanup as possible. I took breaks to eat, and not even when I was watching 'the simpsons' did I really stop working on the project. I had to do dishes of course, but by then I was largely finished for the day anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment