Friday, May 29, 2020

boarded up businesses

I went out for a walk after test scoring was done and saw plenty of boarded up businesses. they either already were or somebody was working on it. I will admit this was what led me to think, 'this is real'. I went to hy-vee in the evening, an hour earlier than usual, because a man at a laundromat said the curfew in the twin cities would go into effect soon. he was closing it at 7pm, the radio said it would take effect at 8pm. one of those boarded up businesses was a speedway gas station that I was getting a few items at. but I was able to get all of what I was looking for at hy-vee, so not a big deal. I picked up 24 cents on the long walk.
   this was the final day of test scoring for me, hard to say how I feel about it. there was a meeting I had with my boss that could have been held earlier, as some things can be lost in translation when working virtually. I plan on moving to a different role as of Monday, hopefully this one will stick. but this was the third season of test scoring because some other roles didn't stick. I did some more cleanup around my home today, still working on it. but I am aware of how a cutback will be needed because of the change in work status. I ended up watching the 10pm news much longer than expected since it became continued coverage of the riots in the twin cities. but after a while I knew I would have to retire for the night and it is hard to watch all of the businesses on fire. I watched the press conference with the governor and decided it was time to turn it off when he was done speaking. I saw a few postings on facebook about it and one was from a fellow comic, who said it was a war zone. I said it was a mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment