Friday, May 1, 2020

paint your wagon movie

i watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this morning, 'paint your wagon'. I recognized lee marvin, clint eastwood, and ray Walston in it. I understand why it was a joke on 'the simpsons' at one point, since it was a musical western. it was a long movie, but kept my interest. except for when they actually had an 'intermission', likely due to the movie being based on a play. I hadn't heard of a 'bear and bull' fight, but there was one in this movie. the lee marvin character was always drinking. the backdrop was the gold rush in California. had to remind myself how a 'parson' is a preacher, and a parson does show up.
  this was an active day, so active that I didn't check email until early evening. but I was fine with that. I wanted to watch the movie before any more time had passed, as I have had it for 6 weeks, checked it out just days before things closed up due to the virus. so my first stop was the post office to mail a letter and pick up 2 e-bay orders. then it was on to the library to return 2 movies, as the manual book drop is available. then to cub foods, as well as Walgreen, for my weekly food order, as this has become an 'errand running day'. I wasn't home for long as I went to a UPS store to do finger printing for a new job. it didn't take long, and I said 'now I can eat'. and some of what had just been bought became lunch. after this I went through more 'online articles'. first was the song lyrics, as I told myself I could merge two envelopes. I had to group them by 'alpha order' to figure out what I really had. it meant some went into the 'shred box' as a few songs were printed twice. I did a walk in the late afternoon, and picked up 14 cents. in the evening it was emails, finally. and completing some surveys, three of the five. then I watched 'blue bloods', then the late local news. after that it was back to the sorting. but this time it was the travel reservations. again, much like the song lyrics, I wanted to merge two envelopes. it meant separating things, as I know what I am like when I travel. but I had the enveloped labeled as 'airline, hotel, rental car' so this took a while. but I also noticed I could take out a few pages that didn't have any relevant information on them, such as the when, where, and how much. I bought some sheet protectors earlier today, and they have all been deployed. much of what was added to the binders was event tickets and sporting event rosters. and I did some shredding in the evening, two bags filled up. I am pleased with how much progress I have made, but there is more to do. half a box still needs to be looked at.

No comments:

Post a Comment