Tuesday, May 26, 2020

zee zee's campfire smores

I saw something that was no doubt unexpected when doing a long walk late in the afternoon. there was a box of food near a bus stop. some of it looked good, so I went home and got a bag. I decided to claim the 5 tubs of cereal, as well as 15 'nutrition bars'. these were 'zee zee's campfire smores'. I had one tonight as part of my evening meal, it tasted fine. the wrapper said it is distributed by national food group, of novi, michigan. I went online and it said this company supplies nutritious food to k-12 schools. so this explains why I was seeing it as there have been food deliveries to students, by the bus drivers that had been driving them. of course this is part of the saga we live in that is the virus. I found it hard to believe that this food was just left there. one reason why I claimed what I did is because I hate to see food go to waste. I also saw a cup of applesauce, as well as 5 loaves of bread, but did not claim them. the former is perishable, and as for the latter I already had some bread at home. during the walk I picked up 3 cents. test scoring flowed well today, we were trained on another prompt and I got started on scoring for it near the end of the day. the moderator said the project will spill over into next week, and wanted us to notify our team lead our status on it. I had to say I would be unavailable on monday.
   I was pleased to have finished another phase of the cleanup, going through the receipts box. it was completed during the 10pm news. it appears that the last one I looked at was from 7-eleven in suburban chicago in early 2012, when I was in town for a historian convention. there is still another lid to look at, but most of those will likely go into a bag reserved for notes on various things and there is not many of those. in the evening I had hoped to watch 2 rerun episodes of 'the conners', and I did, kind of. but the first one was pre-empted for storm warnings, claiming there was a 'radar confirmed tornado' in the area. but it was back to regular programming in time for the second episode, which was the one from thanksgiving. the two 'big bang theory' reruns were sheldon retracting a discovery he had made, followed by howard and raj playing in a band with bert.

No comments:

Post a Comment