Friday, May 22, 2020

toyota center, memphis

when I was going through receipts I saw one that said 'Toyota center' from june 2008. my first reaction was 'i didn't go to Houston that year'. but I figured it was Memphis, reminding myself that I did visit my college roommate that year. I searched it online and it is Memphis. it is a building listed on the national register of historic places in the downtown area, next to the minor league baseball stadium. we did see a game there when I was in town over the weekend. it was likely that I went to the ATM there as we did eat at a BBQ place before the game. some of the receipts I am seeing are nice reminders of places I have traveled to. some are being saved and put in a bag, but most that I have looked at so far have been ripped up and tossed in the trash. there are still plenty to look at. it looks like I haven't touched the lid at all, because there are so many in it. I would like to get as far as I can on looking at them this weekend, since I have 3 days due to the memorial day holiday. most of those I have seen so far are dated before starting this blog 10 years ago.
    test scoring flowed well today, we finished another prompt. it sounds like they may not be finished on friday may 29, as we were told at the outset. but since I have something else lined up to start on the following Monday, june 1, I will have to let them know the situation. I logged 38 hours this week as we were able to do 8-hour days starting on Wednesday. after scoring was done for the day I went out on a long walk and picked up 2 cents. along the way I stopped at a speedway gas station to pick up a few things, and after I ate in the evening I drove to a Hy-Vee to pick up some grocery items there as well. the string cheese from the latter was eaten shortly after getting home. there is more errand running to do this weekend, including depositing a check, this time a partial refund of insurance premiums. the 2 'big bang theory' reruns I saw in the early evening were when bob Newhart was a guest star along with bill nye, followed by when raj helped with throwing a kid's birthday party.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment