Monday, May 25, 2020

yesterdays, guns and roses

while doing cleanup I realized there was a song that seemed to fit the situation. it was 'yesterdays' by guns and roses. 'yesterdays got nothing for me, old pictures I will always see'. looking at all of these old receipts made me think of it. I had hoped to finish the lid today but I did not. I spent most of the day chipping away at it and there is not much left. while most of what was in the box so far has been junk, not all of it is. so I am thankful I am spending the time on it. one thing found today was my aunt's phone number, much like the previous day finding a friend's phone number, from working in suburban Chicago. and another stamp from the subway sub club was found, meaning I have found two since the cleanup started. so it was glued onto the card I have, now one of five there.
   in the late afternoon I went on a long walk and found 22 cents. in the evening I performed at a virtual open-mic, the first after the MC. he said it was a reminder of the 'blair witch project' because it looked kind of dark in the room I was in. I did not watch the news today, since I like seeing 'big bang theory' reruns. and the open-mic is during the 10pm news. but there was likely something on it about the memorial day holiday. the 'bang' reruns were about leonard and a DVD, followed by Sheldon and Amy testing their friends as a way of choosing their wedding roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment