Friday, May 15, 2020

poems found, poems unwritten

the last box to go through is related to writing, and I got started on it today. most of what is in there is now in envelopes. but there still are some left to classify. not too surprising how many poems I had written were found in this box. but it raised eyebrows when I saw three nearly blank pages of unwritten poems. one of them said 'miser'. quite a bit of what is in the box is related to classes at the loft literary center, or the national writers union. the latter is due to being a delegate at three of their conventions, but not since 2015. what is left is mostly handwritten pages. I also saw an unfinished page of the minor league affiliates of the st. louis cardinals, a history, through 1996. I had transferred most of the information to a second page, except for three states. so I decided to do this so I could junk the first page. not sure why I did this other than I had run out of space on one side, or pretty close to it. but I found more space to have them on the same side. now it is a question of when I get around to completing those three 'unwritten' poems.
   test scoring flowed well, although half of the day was devoted to training as we made it through another prompt. we finished the training set by the end of the day on the new prompt, aobut geniuses such as Leonardo da vinci, the bose founder, and Margaret Hamilton (no, not the witch from 'wizard of oz'). sometimes I do like reading this source material, because of what I can learn from it. in the evening after I ate I went to Hy-Vee to pick up a few items. it included some string cheese. after test scoring was done for the day I did a long walk and found 57 cents. I stopped at a gas station during the walk and picked up some items there as well, including the paper. late in the evening I ran the shredder and filled 2 more buckets. of course the weekend will include more errand running.

No comments:

Post a Comment