Thursday, March 14, 2019

afternoon snack cart

we had some visitors in the training room this afternoon, they brought a snack cart around and I chose the peanut butter crackers. they arrived kind of swiftly, and I said 'we are new here, can you introduce yourself?' and the trainer laughed. but I said I do this all the time, when I don't know somebody. Maryland was absent again, so we are likely down to just 6 in the class now. I closed 12 cases, had to re-boot my computer in the afternoon when the 'control alt delete' function didn't work. the end is near for the training part of the class, as we will be sent out on the floor soon. I think I am ready, as the mentor hasn't found much to object to before I send it to another department, usually the pharmacist. always nice when I am doing merge cases, I had some today. those tend to be less tedious, especially if re-opening a case as much of the relevant information has already been entered.
   I went to perform at the karaoke bar in the evening, two songs. 'the one on the right is on the left' by johnny cash, and 'here comes the rain again' by the eurythmics. had to do a cash song after hearing the youth orchestra at the hockey game less than a week ago. and it rained for much of the day, but it changed to snow in the evening, so it also explains doing a rain song. I liked seeing wee bit there, he was sitting in the back at the pac-man table. his two friends are from iowa like me- Sioux city. one of them said he went to college in st. louis. I saw the other sing, she did 'crimson and clover' by tommy james.

No comments:

Post a Comment