Saturday, March 30, 2019

screwball movie

I went to see a movie in Minneapolis tonight, called 'screwball', a documentary about performance enhancing drugs in baseball. it was a weird story, using child actors fairly often when not showing interviews with actual people or archival footage. some of it I do recall, such as when alex rodriguez was suspended from the game for one season. I was not familiar with how he has the baseball stadium at the u. of Miami named for him.
   I got plenty of errand running done today by mid-afternoon, such as going to the grocery store and printing things at the library. I had to think ahead when I am performing late at night in a comedy marathon. when I woke up this morning I panicked, thinking I had missed my slot. then after I left a voicemail I said 'wait a minute, I haven't been to the post office yet'. so I was wrong, hadn't missed it yet, was off by a day. so I sent another voicemail saying 'please disregard'. after the movie, I headed home and stopped off at a cub foods first, for the items I can't find at the aldi earlier in the day. then it was watching the late news, and eventually on to sing at a karaoke bar. I was advised that it would be a long wait to sing, but thankfully there was a no-show so I moved up a little. I did 'little miss can't be wrong' by the spin doctors. then I had to leave shortly after that to get to the comedy marathon.


No comments:

Post a Comment