Sunday, March 24, 2019

pitch perfect 2 movie

I watched a DVD on loan from the library this afternoon, 'pitch perfect 2'. it was the oldest one available in the series. I chose it because I often saw a song credited to anna Kendrick when looking through the binders at karaoke bars. and I was unfamiliar with any other music movies that she might have done. the commentators said a lot of weird things throughout the movie. it felt like the movie might have been too long, nearly 2 hours. I don't know if having to restart the movie when the disc kept freezing at times had anything to do with feeling this way. I hadn't seen much else that rebel Wilson had done, just when she was in something from the 'night at the museum' series. no surprise how there was plenty of songs in it, I had to pause the closing credits to see that I had read all of the songs listed there. the movie was all right, but it seemed like there weren't too many compelling characters besides anna's. I liked how she was also an intern at a record label, this helped with the story well, especially with some of the jokes making fun of a hipster.
   there was plenty to do today. I checked this morning and found out my school's game in the college basketball tournament was an early start, 11am local time. so I watched it on CBS, but they lost to Tennessee 83-77 in overtime despite trailing by 25 at one point. I also went to a show in the evening, it was a women's history show, the science edition. I liked it when they sang a version of 'love hurts' when covering watch factory workers being poisoned by radium. I saw one of the performers after the show and said it had just about everything except for a reference to the 'big bang theory' TV show. there was the three sessions with a contestant as well, I knew the cue being the 'price is right' jingle. I sat on a bench seat, but I said it looked like a church pew. I had a beer there, wanted to order at the bar but was sent to order inside the 'cabaret' since a server was there as well. it is a reminder of why I prefer ordering at the bar as I get what I want right away and pay right away as well. sadly the server was a hindrance to the show.
   I finally completed some more things today that were delayed due to visiting Chicago-land two weeks ago. it was taking out the recycling, and going through the souvenir bag some more. I took out the receipts, most had been in my wallet and dated back to September. naturally these things had been low priority, but it is a good thing that they are finally done. and when I got back from the show I did some online surveys as well as the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment