Thursday, March 21, 2019

just like the orthodontist

i had a meeting with the agency this morning, shortly after getting into the office. I was told that I am doing fine and there would be another meeting scheduled for a month from now. it reminded me of when I did orthodontist appointments, where it was at a satellite office in my hometown, only on a Thursday. it was in the same conference room where I sometimes make a call as I know I will have some privacy there. I do recall an email from this agency rep, early on in training, but an in-person meeting means way more to me. despite the morning meeting, and minor I.T. issues, I still closed 16 cases, so I think my speed is getting better. but I was late leaving the office as I wanted to re-route a case after talking to a team lead, not my boss, about what to do with a case with an authorization already on file. but it was a 'semantic' issue as it was for the generic version of the drug and the claim I saw was for the brand name.
    in the evening I did some karaoke, two songs. it was 'hold on' by Wilson phillips, and 'say it ain't so' by weezer. the karaoke jockey said he was having a cocktail as his dad had just passed. he also dealt with somebody entering his 'workspace'- which is a cardinal sin. he threatened the bouncer on him, and I don't blame him when I say some things are the cardinal sin to me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment