Thursday, March 7, 2019

toasted bagels

I went into the breakroom this morning before stamping in to work and saw the boxes of bagels. this is something the company does once a month. so I went to the training room and left my coat and lunch bag there to free up my hands. and I found out toasting bagels works well, more flavor. this place has toasters. I had two, but I wanted until the first break for the second. and at the end of the day, I noticed there were still plenty left. so still a chance to have more later on.
   I closed more cases, 8 this time. but it is still going slowly, some of it is waiting to be checked. then finding out I missed something and have to change it. at one point I said I had 'the yips' as it was taking me too long to figure out something that should have been simple, and something I figured I had already mastered. was I too tired? I don't know. but I am still trying to make the most of the opportunity I have. at lunchtime I went into an empty conference room and returned a voicemail, then found out the call was for jobs where the pay was too low.
   a friend of mine had a birthday, so I went greetings on facebook. and it reminded me of another one where I needed to get a card in the mail. so I checked and thankfully I had one to send and didn't have to get one at a store. it must have been from those I had claimed in the breakroom from a former job, who doesn't like free things? so I made two stops before arriving at the performance venue tonight. first was the post office, then to a holiday gas station for the ATM. although it was a different location than what I am used to, and it was harder to find and I had to ask. it was in the back, and hard to see since it was so cramped there. yemen native was headliner, but was not the show closer. go figure. one of my jokes was inspired by a story that involves him, and I was expecting an answer to it in his set but there wasn't one. the show runner spoke of the venue being up for awards in city pages I think, and encouraged us to vote for it.
  I also heard from a ticket salesman for a hockey team, the only voicemail of the day. I responded by saying I had just bought a ticket, and was surprised to get a response so quickly. I had said before how I don't make it very often, usually it is just an annual visit. and I buy from ticketmaster since I already have an account there and it is user-friendly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment