Saturday, March 23, 2019

comment card said awkward

I did a guest set at a micro-brewery tonight. I shared the stage with blake, the button, and school bouncer. some people left comment cards after the show, but another comic found most of them. I found one. under dislikes it said I was 'awkward'. ha! I have heard way worse. I was given 3-5 minutes and I started to wrap it up when it looked like I got the light. I know by now what my best 5 minutes are, so no big deal to me. I recognized the show runner, I think this is somebody that I called 'conga line'. when I arrived this is who I recognized, and I found out it was fine to check in with them. I said I live 'the manic life of a comedian' because it was a busy day with various things to do. I had just got back from the grocery store, and knew I needed to leave for the venue shortly after I had eaten. it happened to be one of the dinners that I had just picked up.
  I sang some karaoke later on in the evening, after watching the news. it was 'little lion man' by mumford and sons, a song I heard while in the training room recently. somebody recognized me from the bank, and we talked some but she left her phone at my table more than once. then she also needed to go to the bathroom more than once. she seemed to be a 'hot mess' to me.
   in the morning I got my car into the shop to replace the o-2 sensor. I was hassled by some wino when I picked up breakfast at a nearby convenience store. the car was ready by later afternoon, and I was called about it when I was at the family dollar getting a can of spaghetti.


No comments:

Post a Comment