Friday, March 8, 2019

surveys must wait

I  cleared out most of my emails after getting off work, but the four surveys must wait, if I do them at all. I get them nearly every day, from e-rewards as well as from American airlines, so it may be no big deal. I am headed to Chicago-land for the weekend. I closed 10 cases at work, and the training class shrunk again, down to 8. and just 7 were in today. I got a few more birthday wishes as well.
   this is the start of the fish fry season, as lent just began this week. I like eating fish at a different place each week, but tonight I decided to go to a nearby mcdonald's as there was no time to find a place from the article I printed from the st. paul paper. I had just enough time to pack and eat, then it was on to catch a bus to the airport. it was annoying when I was told by TSA that I had to re-walk a line, but I follow orders, especially when I just wanted to get on my flight. I checked the board and it was the last one of the night to O'Hare with the airline I had booked with.
   as usual, at the end of the night I decided to do some writing in my hotel room in elk grove village while having a beer. it was a big can of Carlsberg, one liter. so I decided to drink just half of it and put the rest in the little fridge for the next night. I found the beer at a liquor store near my hotel on the way to a karaoke bar in Schaumburg. it was nice that it stayed cold in the rental SUV while I was inside at the bar, but it is still freezing outside. I sang 'minority' by green day, wanted to sing some weezer but there wasn't anything in their database. they said all of their selections are online, and I had found their website while checking the hotel's computer. but I am still used to seeing those thick binders. same place I went to a year ago, and much like before it was tricky trying to see the turn-off from the main road. when I was leaving the venue I was looking for a souvenir, and I chose two business cards from the bulletin board by the door. somebody said they liked hearing me sing, but I didn't know who as I had my back turned to them at the time. but I did say 'thank you'. there was a line jumper who kept using different names but he got caught, and had to wait longer to go sing. he sang 'chicken fried' by the zac brown band. he asked me if thought the blackhawks hockey team would make the playoffs, I said I was from out of town. and when I did live in the area, I went to see the minor-league team, the wolves, way more. of course that is why I chose this weekend to visit. I also picked up a bud light beer cozy, which had a 'hello my name is' tag on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment