Saturday, March 2, 2019

snowplow on a hill

i was on my way to get groceries at aldi this afternoon and saw a john deere snowplow going up a hill made out of snow. so I had to get a picture of it. an man in an SUV briefly stopped to talk to me about it. I end up saying the typical thing, which is 'i like pictures'. he noticed it just like I had. this is one reason why I like having my camera wherever I go. some things are just too weird, and I want to remember them better and for longer. I did attend an event on this site, a festival during the summer. so I get it as to why some places become 'snow depositories'. since it is an open piece of land, it is not being used, and then the snow is out of the way. same reason why the snow is moved to the edges of big parking lots, as people still have things to do during the winter. I am wondering if anyone has given this temporary snow mountain a name, I have seen this happen before.
    in the evening I sang some karaoke, 'i saw the light' by hank Williams. I was in the mood for something by this artist, and this is what was available in the binder. always good to have some options lined up. I must have been thinking of 'all for the love of sunshine', which is in the movie 'Kelly's heroes' but then I found out that song was actually by hank jr. it was funny to hear oddball talk about why he played music.

No comments:

Post a Comment