Friday, March 1, 2019

stewardess play, history theater

tonight I went to see the play 'stewardess' at the history theater in downtown st. paul. it is about the class action lawsuit brought forward by the flight attendants union against northwest airlines. there were just 6 actors playing all of the roles. I liked seeing the big 'turntable' that took up most of the stage, it had a northwest airlines logo on it. in the entryway to the venue was a display on loan from a museum about this airline in Bloomington, according to the address given it is likely near mall of America. I walked around during the intermission, and I noticed how it is more depressing to see the building since the music school left. there are the paint scars on the wall from the artwork that once hung there. and other things such as vending machines are gone. before the show began there was an announcement made about flight attendants being in the crowd, and they stood up. I knew well enough to park in a ramp due to the snow, to avoid being towed for snow removal. after the show I went to a Walgreen to pick up a few things, including the paper as I like to get that once a week. I also went to a karaoke bar and sang 'take the long way home' by supertramp.
    in some ways it may have been appropriate to do the song as I took a different way home after work. I didn't want to get caught up in traffic on the freeways, I could see how slow it was going before even entering. at work there was a 'one on one' with my boss, I was the first one. I did not see Maryland today at all, on earlier days he was late. we had fewer people show up. so I am wondering how much more the training class might shrink. all I can do is show up every day, on time, and do my job, and hope for the best. although this means I likely have less competition, and when going through an agency I have to think of myself even more than one normally does.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment