Tuesday, March 5, 2019

rainbow, kacey musgraves

I was driving home after work and as usual had my car radio on. I am thankful I kept it on whatever station that I got to hear a song called 'rainbow' by Kacey Musgraves. I tend to do plenty of searching for music I like, and I think this is called 'channel surfing'. I understand much of the song is metaphor, and that works for me. because she is mostly singing about rain and storms, and the rainbow as well. most profound lyric to me was an early one, 'it's hard to breathe/when all you know/is the struggle of staying/above the rising water line'. I also liked the ending, 'it will be all right'. it does remind me of what somebody once said to me, 'celebrate the triumph, don't just remember the tragedy'. the video that I found on youtube mostly takes place inside a house, although some scenes are outside in a very green area. most memorable was an indoor scene where a shirtless young man stands in front of countless liquor bottles. I am sure each scene has some meaning, such as when the singer is at a table where a family is gathered. there is plenty of piano in the background. first time I heard it, but it's impressive.
   I got farther with work, which felt good, despite I.T. problems in the morning which eventually led to having to re-boot my computer. I closed 6 cases, 7 if count merging one into another. Maryland was late again, so I am not sure what that means in terms of the attendance standards. it wouldn't surprise me at all if the class shrinks some more. I know all I can do is take care of myself.
    it was nice performing tonight. I know I said last night was lackluster, but I have to accept that not every night is going to be good. but at least I am out there working on things. it may have helped to reflect some about the previous performance as to how I can make it better. all of that goes back to what I have spoken of before- preparing well before taking the stage. I even heard what a crowd member had said and I responded with how I don't usually do jokes about that subject. it was nice to see airway, he arrived near the end of the night and he performed as well. there was plenty of catching up, such as about the new job. we also spoke about watching boxing. he often asks me about how often I am performing, and I am trying to get to a mic he spoke of before but I said it can be hard to do with the winter weather we have had. the toughest thing can be getting there for the first visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment