Wednesday, March 13, 2019

retired travel bag

i noticed there was a rip in my main travel bag when I went out of town over the weekend. so I looked in my closet and saw I had another good bag available, a little-used one. and this made it easier to retire one, by ripping it up and throwing it in the trash. it was given to me when I joined the sierra club. so I probably had it for a while, likely over a decade. the one that replaces it has a GE logo on it, I once worked there. it looks more like a gym bag, but it will still serve the purpose. and I decided to move a few things over to it, such as the two plastic grocery bags inside and the luggage tag. the plastic bags are for dirty clothes. it was a round tag saying 'we all have baggage' and it means more to me than the one that was there- a free one from Jefferson bus lines. I don't use travel bags much but much like with backpacks I know full well that they are less useful when one sees holes in them. this is typical for me- 'retired' when it concerns clothing, or a bag, usually means 'junked' instead of donating to a resale shop. I like getting as much use out of something as possible.
    we had guest speakers at work, about the planned move to an office in another town in the next 2-3 months. it was in the afternoon, and I was unsure how long to allow for them but it was over 30 minutes. so no surprise, the urgent request on my shelf got snapped up by another technician. not a big deal. I still closed 13 cases, aided by some of them being merged cases. Maryland was absent, the trainer said something when the guest speakers arrived and I am unsure what she said about it, in terms of getting packets to people about the move. but it is likely that he is no longer in the class. they warned us about absenteeism before we even started. in the evening I went to perform, but it felt like I was just getting warmed up about my story of visiting Chicago-land when I got lighted. of course I prefer more than 3 minutes, but one must make the most of what one is given. it was nice to see magic man, he arrived after the show started and also got stage time.

No comments:

Post a Comment