Tuesday, March 12, 2019

re-attached wiper

I seem to understand better why some people leave their windshield wipers up during the winter weather, seeing what the ice and snow can do to them. I saw that one wiper had worked its way free this week, so I threw it in my car. well it was raining when I was leaving the workplace in the early evening and knew I wanted both wipers working. so I just got a look at the other one to see how it needed to be re-attached. and this worked fairly well on getting me home, being able to see on an adequate basis. but I had to try again later on when I arrived at the comedy club. and, as expected, it meant having the parts snap into place.
   at work the day started off with a lecture about non-reviewable cases. this lasted an hour, after this I was able to close 10 cases. this included a merged case. I found out it is fine to start on another case while waiting to be checked, this should help with my speed. Maryland was late this morning. he gave me a snoopy toy, one of those at McDonald's last year, now I need to figure out how it works. some of the donuts that he brought in from last week are remaining.
   I think I am largely caught up from being out of town over the weekend. the sink may be full of dishes and recycle (such as empty soup cans) but that is all. I even did my first surveys for airline miles since my birthday nearly a week ago. I knew full well I wouldn't find time for them when I wanted to make the most of my time while traveling. despite skipping four days worth of surveys, I already have enough for a full redemption, more than two weeks from now.
   it went fine with my set at the comedy club tonight, I said it could have been better to mason city when I was on the bathroom after I had performed. he said it is good for a performer to think that he can do better. I wanted to do more but I saw I had been lighted, just as I felt like I was getting warmed up, so I knew well enough to respect the light and finish up. I mostly spoke about my visit to Chicago-land over the weekend. after the show, I had something like 5 crowd members say they liked it, and in the end this means more to me than how I felt about it. being at the venue reminded me of how I hadn't submitted my entry yet for a comedy contest starting in about a month from now. so hopefully I got it in early enough. I saw a facebook posting about it last week, but hadn't seen the official entry form on the venue's website. I had done the contest before.

No comments:

Post a Comment